- Cooking time12 min
- Preparation time50 min
- Servings380 cheese straws
- 10 kg bread flour
- 200 g sea salt
- 400 g baking margarine
- 400 g yeast
- 4400 g water
Fat for folding
- 3500 g baking margarine
- 1500 g grated cheese
- Mix the dough until smooth but not tough.
Dough temperature 20°C.
- Fold in the pastry margarine.
Make two half Dutch folds (into fours).
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes between folds (to cool).
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 8 mm.
- Decorate the bottom and top with cheese.
- Cut into strips approx. 1 cm wide and 30 cm long (approx. 55 g).
- Twist and place in baguette trays (to keep them straight).
- Allow to rise again for 40 minutes.
Bake with steam
Baking time 12 minutes.